Your business and branch offices need both high-performance networks and strong security in order to stay operational. G2IT offer both network and security assessments to keep risk at their minimum and productivity at their optimum.
What are Network Assessments?
A network assessment is a review of your company’s existing IT infrastructure, management, processes, and performance to identify opportunities for improvement and get a comprehensive view of the state of your IT.
Assessments are often necessary when your organisation’s IT systems have grown to the point where you need to identify a number of potential issues.
The four main areas are:
- Underused or overused resources as some departments in your business may require more network resources than others. A network assessment will help identify real needs and allocate resources accordingly.
- Bandwidth bottlenecks caused by streaming videos, running programs that require more bandwidth, or downloading large files and may slow down your network. A network assessment will identify and rectify such botllenecks. Simply adding more bandwidth may not always be the answer.
- Security holes that need to be addressed immediately with a security assessment in order to avoid adverse impact to your network system and operations
- Rolling out new technologies – does the new technology platform fit into your current network configuration? What integration points need to be considered and prepared for?
What are Security Assessments?
A security assessment should be part of a routine (and regular) network audit. These assessments are there to help identify threats to network security, determine their source, and address them immediately. A security assessment typically looks at the firewall, software, hardware, malware, user access and network connections within an organisation.
G2IT’s technicians look at the following high-risk areas:
- Security Risks – which application vulnerabilities are being used to attack your network, which malware/botnets were detected, what phishing attacks are making it through your defences and which devices are “at risk”— for security breach probability.
- Productivity – which peer-to-peer, social media, instant messaging, and other apps are running—for application visibility control as well as what spam, newsletters or adult content may be bothering your email.
- Utilisation and Performance – what is your throughput, session, and bandwidth usage requirements during peak hours—for the network, email system and critical applications.
Why does my Perth business need network and security assessments?
As network security risks continue to evolve, they remain a constant threat to any business. Here are some of the most common network security risks:
- Malware: Malware, such as computer viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, etc., are constant threats to the network and other information technology assets.
- Outdated operating systems: System updates include patches and updated security measures that intend to protect assets from newly discovered vulnerabilities.
- Unauthorised access: Employees and vendors who are no longer associated with the organisation but still have access to company assets can be network-security risks.
- Human error: Neglect, lack of knowledge in network security, and malicious intent can render a network vulnerable to security threats.
Conducting network and security audits can help proactively reinforce cybersecurity and avoid costly IT incidents.
Why should I use G2IT to run network and security assessments?
Performing IT assessments is the best way to uncover network and security risks and discovering missed issues.
Our technicians will run assessments that don’t interfere with productivity and can present you with a comprehensive summary report. This report will show if there are any issues and, if required, will serve as basis for a proposal for either a project to fix the issues that were discovered, or a recommendation for ongoing managed services.
The experienced technicians at G2IT use:
- IT checklists to ensure standard IT assessment procedures are followed
- Site interviews with detailed questionnaires
- Network surveys of items to manually check or supplement the automated assessment
- SWOT analyses from the information gathered during the assessment
- Survey and interview data including pictures, notes and comments to create easy to understand reports.
What do I get with network and security assessments from G2IT?
- Reduced support cost through managed services agreements
- Increased manageability of your systems
- One-stop-shop for IT support
- Perth based
- Australian owned
Get in touch with us on 1300 325 487 or connect on Facebook and LinkedIn.